Home Dota 2

Need a Courier Made for PGT

Hi,

I've e-mailed some artists mentioned in http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119549 but have not even received a response yet. I'm Cyn1c from www.progamingtours.net and we're looking for an artist to get a courier made for a rather simple concept we have in mind.

Would also appreciate a mod/admin to mention a proper process to contact an artist.

Cheers!

Replies

• mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    Can you post the concept/ideas and some info about deadline/pay etc?; if its possible .
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Cyn1c wrote: »
    reciate a mod/admin to mention a proper process to contact an artist.

Cheers!
    Just get on the Dota 2 workshop, check out the submissions you like and add the artists you liked on Steam. From there you could move on to email/skype
  • Cyn1c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu wrote: »
    Can you post the concept/ideas and some info about deadline/pay etc?; if its possible .

The concept is a bird. We don't wish to add a separate prop that would require animation. So yeah, wings for the flying version. I can give more details over skype/e-mail about the specifics. There is one unique requirement which I can discuss over skype as well.

As for the pay, we're considering a profit-sharing model as it gets everyone paid on agreed upon terms. No harsh deadlines either but since the concept is relatively simple, we want someone to start working on it.

I hope this has helped clear things a bit.

Cheers!
  • Cyn1c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just get on the Dota 2 workshop, check out the submissions you like and add the artists you liked on Steam. From there you could move on to email/skype

Thanks! Appreciate the help.
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    I dunno about you guys but i get a junk load of spam friend invites when i post items. Iv accepted a couple but most of them dont speak english and just want me to make all there own ideas. After a while i just started ignoring all of them unless there in the polycount group already. Just an FYI for you Cyn1c, im sure im not the only one with this experience, makes it hard to filter, make sure to try to contact people in other ways.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    You can always post on the Steam Profile.
  • Cyn1c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ wrote: »
    I dunno about you guys but i get a junk load of spam friend invites when i post items. Iv accepted a couple but most of them dont speak english and just want me to make all there own ideas. After a while i just started ignoring all of them unless there in the polycount group already. Just an FYI for you Cyn1c, im sure im not the only one with this experience, makes it hard to filter, make sure to try to contact people in other ways.

I completely understand how that can turn into a problem really quick. That's why, we tried the discreet method first (e-mail). I always keep the skype/steam option open to the person when I e-mail them so they don't feel like we're some hideous people trying to pull shady stuff.

I'm glad you bring this up because this thread can be a must-read for anyone who's looking to hire an artist. Thank you for your reply!
  • Cyn1c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyn1c wrote: »
    Hi,

I've e-mailed some artists mentioned in http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119549 but have not even received a response yet. I'm Cyn1c from www.progamingtours.net and we're looking for an artist to get a courier made for a rather simple concept we have in mind.

Would also appreciate a mod/admin to mention a proper process to contact an artist.

Cheers!

At the same time, I'd also like to mention that we're open to other ideas should an artist deem something as "overdone" or having lesser success rate in the workshop submission process.
  • Cyn1c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So is any artist interested?
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    A deadline would be very helpful. It's always a matter of available time whether or not we can fit it in because obviously we're all here to make Dota items ^^
  • Cyn1c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik wrote: »
    A deadline would be very helpful. It's always a matter of available time whether or not we can fit it in because obviously we're all here to make Dota items ^^

Earlier we were eying something by the end of September, but if it is gonna take more time then we can do 10th October. Sounds good?
  • Cyn1c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: The deadline has been extended to end of October. Please let me know if any artist is interested in starting this project. Please pm me if so.