Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Dark Knight (First model, could use some feedback. :))

Hi guys, I recently got into sculpting and after a bit of messing around with all the buttons and stuff I decided to try and model Batman.

I was wondering if any of you could give me some feedback on the sculpt like how I can improve it etc.

EWu4LQr.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Mad.

Replies

• Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    - To get rid of the general "blobbyness" of the model go down some subdivisions and really define the shapes and muscles at low subdivisions level.
    - It looks like he's pouting because the upper lips should actually cover the lower lip (check references)
    - The inner part of the clavicles should be tighter. Haha, I don't know if that really make sense but I mean the area where the sternocleidomastoid meets the clavicle (again check refs)
    - Maybe soften the really super hard edges you have along the jaw, cheekbones and eyebrows. But that's just personnel taste.
    - There are some other proportions mistakes that you should notice easily by comparing your model to a front and side view of an anatomical ref

Hope that helps!
  • Madvillain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers man, this helps a lot!

Gonna keep the hard edges tho as I was going for a bit of a comic book-ish style, not that I was able to pull it off but at least I tried haha.

Anyway, gonna get rid of the blobbyness for starters, thanks again!