Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jetski Kawasaki 300X

This is a jetski im working on. this is some reference images and high poly model which im done with.
wAw996U.jpg
dHVy5PF.jpg
ge4ZVfE.jpg
B1Uz13G.jpg
x3hfZJC.jpg
oJBIAgT.jpg

EDIT: update high poly without wires.
H4HNwoT.jpg
0ikBJ0E.jpg

Replies

• AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    Could you take a render without wires?
  • Clos323
    This is an update on the texture on low poly mesh..im still working on diffuse..spec and gloss dont match diffuse and they are placeholders based of the base diffuse pass..so spec and gloss are pretty much doing nothing at this point. this is just and update on diffuse pass. Also i have no plans of using on the graphics that where used in the reference..I wanted more of a basic looking model that had a look like it had been used for a while.
    u4YQTUy.jpg
    ujJdkCj.jpg
    ofjcBnQ.jpg
    xFmkoRe.jpg
  • Clos323
    any crits will be helpful
  • tynew
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    It's looking great so far, couple of crits

The scrapes feel kind of out of place, while you have those areas worn away, the rest of the model is quiet clean. Almost too clean to that amount, wear and tear needs to have a purpose. Right now all the images I've seen of jet skis have all been pretty much flawlessly clean. There would barely be any wear, except maybe for the bottom where it's been pulled off the back of a trailer.

Saying that also, you need to increase the specular on the important plastic parts as well as adding a cube map to the model. Those areas on the mid section have that cool world reflective texture gloss, that would be done with a cube map for a game. That would really sell this off as a jet ski.

You could also add a couple of name decals and even warning stickers like the one above.
  • underfox
    Offline / Send Message
    underfox polycounter lvl 7
    I personaly think it is looking quite good at this stage :thumbup:

crits:
    I agree with tynew when it comes for the wear and tear the rest of the jetski is clean except for that part.

yet I have another crit, I might be wrong but isn't a jetski supposed to be made of plastic like material? I had one too and I used to go out with a couple of friend some years ago and every jetski I tried were made of some kind of "plastic glass fibre "
    like this:

photo168.jpg

Your jetski judging from the wears and tears seems to be made of metal wich somehow tickles me in some weird kind of way hehe.

other than this, it's really looking good at the moment . keep it up ;)
  • S_ource
    Offline / Send Message
    S_ource polycounter lvl 9
    Nice highpoly, i think i have ridden one of these or a very similar one and i'm almost 100% sure that the green parts are plastic.
  • Clos323
    Thanks very much guys..many good ppoints. Very helpfull.
  • david0517