Need adviceeeeeee!!! :)
its just a really bad sample... try to imagine please <3

1239565_10201975186767035_2021749727_n.jpg

Replies

• Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Not really, to be honest. Like I said in the other posts, STUDY THE DOTA2 style. I cannot emphasize that enough. This is non-negotiable since sets like this will not make it into the game, period.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    I feel this set is way too futuristic for Dota. I'm pretty sure things like kevlar do not exist in the Dota 2 world.

Also I would highly recommend posting your concepts to one thread instead of making a new one for every new concept. That way people can see all your stuff in one place without having to click around to find it.
  • about:blank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for taking the time to help me :)

im so much in the zone now than i was at 1st
  • I-ninja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I-ninja polycounter lvl 5
    Just tech it down a little. the "keens" are far more ahead technology wise, but not that far.
    Think about this the dota 2 art style is a fantry style, late/mid medieval period, so most items are over the top medieval weapons

the Keens:
    Alchement
    Sniper
    Timbersaw
    Tinker
    meepo (who is not a keen but he can have these type of items)
    and clockwork

are different, they are ahead of everyone, so there items can come from the renaissance period or lower and low tech steampunk type item's
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I-ninja wrote: »

THANKS... yep i noticed some tech heroes... ive seen sniper 50 mm calibre sniper rifle, and advanced telescopic zoom... and they seem to like it

maybe its too much... maybe instead of kevlar.. just medieval mesh... i could add some steampunk and less futurism ..
    thanks

:):):D
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    I-ninja wrote: »
    Just tech it down a little. the "keens" are far more ahead technology wise, but not that far.
    Think about this the dota 2 art style is a fantry style, late/mid medieval period, so most items are over the top medieval weapons

the Keens:
    Alchement
    Sniper
    Timbersaw
    Tinker
    meepo (who is not a keen but he can have these type of items)
    and clockwork

are different, they are ahead of everyone, so there items can come from the renaissance period or lower and low tech steampunk type item's

This isn't really true, dota 2 does not have a medieval theme at all.. infact I would consider it pretty difficult to assign a time period to such a fantasy game. Just try not to use such modern materials such as kevlar, or other similar man-made materials.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi wrote: »
    This isn't really true, dota 2 does not have a medieval theme at all.. infact I would consider it pretty difficult to assign a time period to such a fantasy game. Just try not to use such modern materials such as kevlar, or other similar man-made materials.

yes-.... im thinking about medieval mesh , chain mail !
    dota 2 its fantrasy not medieval... so i can think how to work it out