Home Dota 2

First workshop submission - need some cc

Hi everyone!

I am fairly new to 3d and i have submitted my first piece for the dota 2 workshop, and i could use some critiques and opinions, here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176041966&searchtext=

I'm thinking i might need to make it a bit smaller, rework the handle or add more details to the blade.

Any help/comments will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ShorkGamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    Looks good in my opinion. Nothing to say just good job. :-D

If u want I can make concepts for Pudge items if ur out of ideas. ^_^
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    I would like the shape much more if the handle came out of the top of the cleaver instead of the middle personally. Also, check the lowest two teeth of the cleaver, you seem to have some UV/normal issues there.
  • Zidji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @snork: Thanks snork! I don't feel skilled enough in 3d to take that side of a collaboration, i'm just learning and it's too much of a responsability : )

@spudnik: Thanks for the input. I tried a version with the handle as you suggest before deciding on this one, i was really undecided among the two but close relative's opinions tilted the balance. Who knows, i might end up going back to it.

As for the UV/normal issues it's definitely my largest challenge so far learning 3d. I think i might have gone a bit too crazy with smoothing groups and subdividing my normals too much. Baking sharp serrated objects has been quite a challenge for me so far.