Hello everyone, long time user here (Runner), here to bring you some good news
is the leading solution for virtual texturing in Unity and the only one ready for commercial and reliable use.Used in several projects, such as HARDWARE-Shipbreakers
Our virtual texturing, aka mega-texture, technology allows real-time applications made with Unity to present scenes without any sort of texture limitations imposed by graphics cards memory limits.
Developers may utilise massive amounts of textures, quite literally up to hundreds of gigabytes per scene, without worrying about the usual constraints.
Its the ideal gateway into building beautiful, vast and highly detailed worlds. Accessible price, streamlined integration with unity, it adapts to your workflow and not the other way around.
Amplify Texture has many advantages, not only does it give you freedom but it gives you control over Video Memory Texture allocation. A great technology, for large and smaller projects.
In short, Amplify Texture is Virtual Texturing for the masses.
We strive for simplicity, innovation and efficiency. As with all our products, integrating Amplify Texture in a project is as easy as Drag & Drop. There is no need for dedicated UV channels and developers won't need to write a single line of code for a standard integration. We do however provide source licensing options to developers that wish to extend and experiment with the technology.
In essence, Amplify Texture frees developers from the usual workflow constraints. Forget 4k textures, crushing, reducing and optimizing textures. Amplify textures employs efficient variable bit-rate texture compression algorithms for its Virtual Textures with compression ratios above average when compared with normal DXT compression, resulting in smaller and high quality builds.
Fully functional solution.
- Real-time WYSIWYG editing, completely integrated with Unity.
- Tools for auto conversion of scenes/projects, virtual texture manager configuration and statistics directly accessible via the inspector tab.
- No need to change your workflow, the only requirement is that developers use an Amplify Texture compatible shader. We provide all Unity shaders already converted and you can easily convert your own to work with Amplify Texture.
- Developers can still use other shaders, they will work as they always did, but the textures will not be managed by the virtual texturing technology.
- The virtual texture build process is incrementally, updated as the user adds content.
- Up to 512k x 512k pixel per Virtual Texture, 1 virtual texture per scene with up to 1TB of texture data. No texture size limits; its a big texture (512K) made of smaller ones of any size (e.g. 1K, 32K, 128K).
- Direct control over video memory allocation.
- Support per-material diffuse+coverage, normal and glossiness textures, without the usual size constraints and virtually supports an unlimited number textures. Textures may even be repeated/tiled with efficient filtering support, it even supports dynamic surfaces.
- Works with both static and dynamic geometry, characters, vehicles, etc
- Extremely efficient Multi-threaded parallel processing while maintaining a low memory footprint.
- Windows, Mac and linux compatible.
- Higher fidelity texturing with virtually unlimited texture quantities without compromising performance.
Above are some of the features and functionalities of Amplify Texture, for more information visit Amplify.pt
Amplify Texture Overview
We have some exciting announcements in addition to Amplify Texture 1!
Amplify Texture 2
Amplify Texture 2 is coming, we would like to invite you all to take advantage of our early adopter promotion.
will build upon the groundbreaking innovations introduced in Amplify Virtual Texturing, to bring the next step of hardware-assisted future-proof massive texturing technology to the tip of your fingers, while taking full advantage of improvements introduced since Unity 4. Whether youre importing large-scale Satellite imagery, generating giant procedural terrains on World Machine, or painting high-resolution worlds and characters on MARI and MODO, this product will integrate seamlessly in your pipeline and help bring your creation to life.
- Drag & drop integration, no coding required
- Multiple virtual textures up to 2M x 2M, or 4 Terapixel
- New real-time WYSIWYG editing mode with improved workflow
- New high-compression, high-performance texture compression
- Spherical page detection system, for fast view rotations
- Light-map and Displacement-map support
- Static batching support
- Unity Terrain support
- Anisotropic filtering
- High dynamic range (HDR) texture support
- World Machine, MARI and MODO integration
- Oculus Rift/VR support
- Hardware sparse texturing support
- Mobile support
* Save 20% over launch price
* Includes Amplify Texture 1.5 License
* Early access to development builds
* Your chance to help shape this product
On Source Licensing options you also get 20% off, join us and help us shape the future of Amplify Texture 2.
Visit Amplify.pt for more information about Amplify Texture and our other products, Amplify Motion and Color, some of the best extensions for Industry Level Color Grading and Vector Based Motion Blur for Unity.
We offer fully functional watermarked trial versions at http://amplify.pt/download/