Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Recruiting Motivated Individuals!!!!!!!!!!!!

3dloaded is seeking talented individuals for the following open spots to join the team as we are currently in the process of creating our first horror TPS game.

Basic Details:

Genre(s): Horror, Action-Adventure, Third-Person Shooter
ESRB: M - Mature
Mode(s): Single-player
Platform: Microsoft Windows

Note: This is a non-paid project for the time being but is mainly for all freelance artist looking to obtain some type of experience and exposure to add to their resume.

High Priority

1-2 : 3d Modelers
> Characters, Props, Environments, ect.

1-2 : Character Rigging Artist

1-2 : Texture Artist

1-2 : Animators

We only want the most motivated and serious artist to be apart of this production.

Communication will be conducted through Skype, so if you don't have one its highly recommended to get one if interested in this opportunity

Please have your portfolio ready to be viewed so we may review which of the following spots would best suit your expertise as well

Further Details about the game will NOT be discussed on this site so if your interested in joining and being apart of this production deeper details will only be shared through email sampsonrussellgamemodeler@gmail.com or Skype - infamus_3dloaded

Replies

• 3dloaded
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ATTENTION POLYCOUNT!!!!!!

ARE TEAM IS IMMEDIATELY LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING

PROGRAMMERS

CONCEPT ARTIST

RIGGING ARTIST

& TEXTURE ARTIST
  • HeadClot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeadClot polycounter lvl 9
    What is the project?

Can you spare a few details?
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All questions and concerns will only be discussed through EMAIL ONLY
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still recruiting motivated people and like I said
    Prior No questions about the game will be answered on
    Here only email!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 3dloaded
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few details will generate a lot more interest. Working for free on mystery meat isn't going to excite a lot of people.
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea but those details won't be shared on this site like
    Like I said all questions and about the game will be answered throuugh
    Email DAMN What don't you guys understand about that
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Hey Sampson:

In game development, ideas are worth a dime a dozen. They don't hold any true value until something is playable or assets have been created.

For your pitch, I think what could strengthen what DarkUnicycle and you are making is some sort of "X statement" describing your game.

For example, "X Game is a horror film-inspired game that merges single player games' character-driven narrative structure with multiplayer games' social interaction and high replayability." The "X Game" here is actually Left 4 Dead. This sentence describes the game in its general entirety, but doesn't reveal everything, such as the specific pace of gameplay, or who dies in the story.

Such statements like that help shape for random strangers what your game/project is without revealing too many details that can be stolen. For example, the pitch above I could use to describe Dead Island as well.

I have to emphasize the word game here. "A futuristic science fiction universe where a religious zealot conglomerate army wages genocide on humanity, with the lone survivor of a group of secret super soldiers being humanity's only line of defense" describes Halo, but it doesn't specify if it's a game, or a film, or even a book. When I pitch Halo as "A sci-fi space opera First Person Shooter where you, as the cyborg super soldier Master Chief, fight genocidal aliens with a variety of weapons and vehicles on the stark, but biome diverse ring world only known as 'Halo' to stop the extinction of humanity" I get a solid sense of what the universe for this game is and what I as a player will do "fight aliens with weapons and vehicles." What I do to interact in this world is what makes this a game. Without it, I might as well be watching a film.

There's also the issues of perceived experience / what you guys are looking for. I'll choose something explicit as an example: you guys are looking for programmers, but never state what language they should be well-versed in, or what engine they will be working, or what kind of programmers you are looking for (gameplay, AI, networking, etc). Missing items like this may accidently seem like "lack of experience" or "lack of direction" to people who are looking for serious opportunities, even if they happen to be hobbyists or amateurs. In the case of game programmers, languages are the way they breathe life into a game. With no information about whether they're using C++, Objective C, C#, or even Java, they are lost as to what you may be expecting. And they may not even bother to apply if it seems like the employers don't have a clear understanding of what type of programmers they're specifically looking for.

I cannot critique what the project is, what I can critique is the way you are presenting the team, and right now, I think there's a lot of opportunities to help bolster the professionalism of this advertisement by taking into consideration of how you are presenting yourself (if it helps, looking at job postings on game studio websites can be a good reference) and how strong and appealing the project is based on your presentation.

I can't speak for all of Polycount, but I feel Polycount is filled with enough professionals on this website that I think revealing information, that would be considered "a bad idea," on other websites like reddit, are fine here.
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaa thanks but no thanks.

The thing is I choose not to share any detailed info about the game on this site, your post seems as if I don't have any detail or a story about the game I just don't want just anybody knowing about the game not unless they are truly interested in being apart of the team and want experience, then I show them concept art and other work then they hear about the game its self. But that's why those who are interested only contact me through email if not then those should overlook this post as any other that don't bring interest to them simple
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • 3dloaded
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mrfred
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mrfred polycounter lvl 4
    how could I be interested without details?
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I swear I feel like I'm speaking another language on this site

Everyone Read What's Down Below Slowly & Carefully

Further details will only be shared on "SKYPE" or "EMAIL"
  • WarrenM
  • Mrfred
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mrfred polycounter lvl 4
    3dloaded wrote: »
    I swear I feel like I'm speaking another language on this site

Everyone Read What's Down Below Slowly & Carefully

Further details will only be shared on "SKYPE" or "EMAIL"

don't be so arrogant, I'm just saying that I ( as a rigger) have hard time being interested by this project without any details. Not even interested in contacting you as I don't have any info.

Good luck recruiting ppl with this attitude.
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea don't need luck need people to read carefully and to stop wasting my time asking questions that's already in front of them
  • Mrfred
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mrfred polycounter lvl 4
    all that I can say is : lol
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Allar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CityInDistressed.jpeg

Don't pass this up guys.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, now this is just clearly jeering as opposed to eliciting useful and helpful information.
  • genwu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    genwu polycounter lvl 7
    Lol I'm not a regular poster here..but even I have to post a dumbfounded LOL at the ignorance of this thread and attitude displayed here. What a joke. You'll need TONS of luck from the looks of things.
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Allar wrote: »
    CityInDistressed.jpeg

Don't pass this up guys.

Thanks for promoting my work appreciate it
  • 0bs3ss3DGam3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had to sign up and post something because I've been seeing this post on a regular for quite some time now

@3dloaded

I viewed your work & I just finished reading your post
    I think you have potential, but this is just me personally I think its just your attitude dude

And not to be confrontational but people don't like you on here because of it

I get you don't want to share info about a game your working on not unless we send an email but jeez guy I feel and many others may or may not agree that your posing yourself as a hot shot recruiter where your post looks very amateurish & could use some work

Not trying beat down on you but if users on here are trying to give you advice take it, you only push potential interest away from being interested in your post by acting the way you are
  • Mrfred
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mrfred polycounter lvl 4
    I don't want to sound rude or whatever but is there any reason or technical limitation ( ios game) as to why it's so blocky and blurry? or is it just a wip?
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think that's the game, it's just his previous portfolio work.
  • 3dloaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Mrfred

No offense taken

Its actually a speed environment that I had did for a class project that's why it so low res blocky and simple I modeled and textured within a week
  • DarkUnicycle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hay, I'm back. Just finsihed moving and what not and the internet has just arrived. I want to start working on this project again ASAP. Please respond or get on Skype. I have a Lawn Service so If I'm not on, that's what I'll be doing.
  • DarkUnicycle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DLoaded, I need you to contact me right away. I have people wanting to join our project.
  • Junco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junco polycounter lvl 11
    I am really interested in joining a team to gain some exposure and experience but your attitude is a huge turnoff. JadeEyePanda is really trying to help and you still keep spitting demands. Not a good sign.
  • DarkUnicycle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junco, if you want you can join my group. I'm looking for novices like myself so we can make a Horror game with a good story.