Home Dota 2

About to publish my first item....

...what do you think? It's difficult for me to think objective about my own item, so I'm not sure if people will like it or not. What would you enhance in my place?

It's an axe for the Omniknight: (the blue parts are glowing a bit ingame, I will add this later to the image below):

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    good luck with that, different weapon types for each character are sadly not very well accepted by the community
  • fliger5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I published it now, would appreciate it if you guys could give some feedback on the workshop page or at least rate it, thanks :)

Workshop-Link
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    The self-illum is way too much, it adds a glow to the whole item that blurs and washes out everything.
  • fliger5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik wrote: »
    The self-illum is way too much, it adds a glow to the whole item that blurs and washes out everything.

Yea I wasn't sure if that was good or bad. But it's not possible anymore to change the mask now or?
  • keyan3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the self-illumination, though you can put the glow on only the outer edge to reduce the glow.

Simply open your mask1, update it in your software and save it. In the game go to "My submissions" and click on "Edit". Select your model and its maps. It maybe a bit superstitious but change the very first title you choose for the model (the one that is not shown to public). And update the model.

A :thumbup: from me ^^
  • fliger5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keyan3d wrote: »
    I like the self-illumination, though you can put the glow on only the outer edge to reduce the glow.

Simply open your mask1, update it in your software and save it. In the game go to "My submissions" and click on "Edit". Select your model and its maps. It maybe a bit superstitious but change the very first title you choose for the model (the one that is not shown to public). And update the model.

A :thumbup: from me ^^

thanks a lot :)

I changed it a bit, what do you think? Still too much?
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    I think the shapes are just a bit too big...it's really not reading so much as an axe as just a big glowey...thing.
  • fliger5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It was a lot smaller at the beginning but then I realized it looked ridiculous compared to other workshop items which were much bigger. You may be right, I'll probably make the head a bit smaller.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    He was talking about the shapes, not the overall weapon. So far, the weapon consists of two big blobs visually. There's no sense of a cutting edge, no defined shapes or forms or even a center of focus. The circular shape seems to indicate you want us to look at the middle but there's nothing there. The blobs of color are visually screaming for attention, drowning out the rest, but then don't offer any interesting details. Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, but I'd rather be honest than try to weasel around it ;)
  • fliger5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You mean I should reduce the 2 big blue/glowing parts on the axe and add more detail to that area?

And yea, at the beginning there was a sphere in the circular shape which should glow, but then I found out that you couldn't add particle effects to Omniknight's weapons. The sphere was actually the main idea for the weapon and should make it somehow special, now there's just a crystal which isn't even glowing much.

Don't worry, I appreciate honest opinions :P