Home General Discussion

PC monitor screen yellowing

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Trevor polycounter lvl 4
I recently hooked up my HP w2338h monitor to my Samsung RC512 Laptop and when I switched screens to the monitor I got a Yellow tint on the monitor screen. The yellow tint is nonexistent on my laptop and only shows on the monitor. The yellow tint also appears on an old Dell monitor when connected to the laptop. The Dell monitor only has a VGA port and the HP monitor has a VGA and HDMI port along with my laptop. I tried all ports and still I get screen yellowing (all drivers up to date on laptop). Messing with the colors on the monitor helps a little but I still see a faint yellow tint.
The HP and dell monitors show no sign of this when plugged into my office desktop (about 4 years old). The office desktop is running Vista and my laptop is running 7. I have tried different VGA and HDMI cables but it still produces the same result.

The HP monitor is about 5 years old and the Dell monitor is around 8 or 9 years. My laptop is only 2 and a half years old. Could the age of the hardware be the problem here?
would getting a new monitor be the solution, or am I going to have this problem with every monitor I get?
Any help would be awesome!

Replies