oshima
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
oshima polycounter lvl 8
Hi all,

I dont know is this is the correct board for this question, but this is:

I have this error (i exagerate the colors) :

kkaw.jpg

when i try to create normal map, a faceted texture or a wireframed texture. I check the UV coordinates and are OK, the model is not fliped, i dont know whats the problem, i export the low subdiv ztool to 3dsmax, mapped and after import in zbrush, like always i do. Anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    This is common with 3dsmax and zbrush. I forget the steps required to fix the uvs in Max (I should probably write them down the next time someone posts them since this is asked about frequently), but I think the zbrush method is to switch how you're importing the mesh (use goz if you're not, or vice versa)
  • oshima
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oshima polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks cryrid,

I dont play with zbrush for two years, and i remembered this way to import/export obj with UVmaps in zbrush; the case is that i remember also this error :poly142:, but i dont remember how to solve. :poly122:

I'm gonna try GoZ

Thanks again.
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    The problem is your low poly is faceted, no smoothing groups. To simplify, the normal map is correct but compensates badly the flat faces so they match the high poly.
    I'm pretty sure theres a way to make the model smooth in zbrush but i don't know how. Havent touch it for years :(

I dont think it is very advised to bake normal maps in zbrush tho. You have no control over smoothing groups.

Btw it looks like object space and not tangent space, be sure to check what kind you want.