Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Seeking 2D Artists/Illustrators for Card Game

Hi everyone!

I am currently seeking an artist or artists to create illustrations/concept artwork for a card game currently in development. I am seeking to release the prototype of the game by the end of the year with a commercial release sometime in the spring. There is a crowdfunding campaign planned, but it will not launch until early next year. Following the release of the card game, a mobile video game version of it will be produced.

Currently, I have 46 cards that need artwork. In reality, there are 16 main "unit" cards that I would like to be unique. The other 30 can have placeholder illustrations by card type until the game is released commercially.

Being an indy game designer, my budget is tight but having experience with the process, I don't expect this artwork to be done for free. Ideally, I would love to negotiate a contract that is beneficial to both parties but at the same time allow me to get this game to market.

One idea that has come to mind is to simply commission a battle scene between 2 factions and use pieces of it for the cards.

I have a small set of concept artwork done already as I am basing the card game in a universe that was created for a now defunct computer game I tried to get off the ground. As you can see it was done by 2 different artists, which is something I would like to avoid if possible (I at least want each faction to have the same artist). I can send you the links to them upon request.

If you are interested in working with me, please do no hesitate to contact me with the following information:

What is your typical rate per illustration?
Would you be open to creative compensation solutions? (ie. crowdfunding, revenue share, per piece, or some combination of the three)

Hope to hear from you!
-Jon
Chowmeister Games
chowmeister.games@gmail.com

Replies