Home Dota 2

Some Issue with mask_1

YourDownfall
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
YourDownfall polycounter lvl 9
If I applied the alpha with a bit grey in a corner, my model looks like this:

It's my first workshop item, so little help would be nice ;-)

m325rkuit1nl.jpg

Replies

• Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    i doubt its a mask issue. what 3d software do you use and how do your bakes look ?
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Looks like you didn't do your normals correctly. If you use Maya, select the whole object and then soften the normals. I'm not sure with other softwares unfortunately, but others will be able to help with Blender or 3DS Max.
  • Lennyagony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    3DS Max equivalent is to add smoothing groups, to groups of selected faces.
  • opkluu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    opkluu polycounter lvl 3
    I've had this same exact problem on my first item...

I've even exported the model and textures to other programs, such as UDK, and there were no problems. Also, when I edited my mask textures, the effect lessened, but never really went away. Therefore, I believe the problem lies somewhere in the mask textures, OR in the import phase.
  • YourDownfall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I solved the Problem^^ It really depends on the uv maps and not on the mask_1. I currently using 3ds max and just made a little offset in the uv-editor and it works:

phofvz3coded.png

So thank you for your help :-) But now ich have another issue, the glaive now spins wrong. I hope you can see the issue on this picture....

ki4my4ubrd75.jpg
  • A1mb0t
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A1mb0t polycounter lvl 9
    Just a guess, but maybe you should check your pivot axis. Looks like it's off by 90°. Not a Maya user, but if it's in the right position like the original weapon, don't forget your freeze transformations.
  • YourDownfall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, i don't know why, but it works now. I only test ist with a white diffuse map and now it works with the regular maps. I don't change anything, sorry if anyone has the same problem i don't know a spezific solution. Thank you for all the help, you-all are really great :)

bfsn2vvkfcpp.jpg