Home Unity

Shoriken Constraint coordinates billboard

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
bugo polycounter lvl 17
Hey guys, I've been wanting to do some particles where they only rotate in 2 coordinates instead of xyz. I've been looking all around for a solution of getting a billboard to follow the camera in XZ coordinates instead of only Z.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan polycounter lvl 8
    I dunno if Shuriken does it, but under the billboarding option (should be Billboard by default, other options are Mesh, stretched billboard, etc), you should be able to find Vertical or Horizontal billboard.

If shuriken doesn't have it, you might have to look into the legacy particle system, and either use that, or hack the code across for the specific billboard types.
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    shuriken it self doesnt have it, but yeah, I figured about hacking it, don't know coding tho :(
  • shxsy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shxsy polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah... I would think you can get around it by making it vertical, but I guess it depends on what your camera is doing.

Just dealt with that here at work. My engineer wrote a script that constraints FX to this rather strange camera set up we have. It's attached per particle as a component.