Home Dota 2

{TimberSaw} Performance Enhancing Plugs

Hey Guys

hYw9yBS.jpg

The Performance enhancing plugs is my first textured item (im more of an animator) I've been reading some of the content on here and i'm worried my item might be a bit fat. 1K polies and a 512x512 texture.

What i was wondering was, How do i add effects (im assuming you would place point helpers, but where would you go from there?) and how do the models react to rigging, can i rig this guy in max and give him a special idle animation, or would i have to do it in maya?

Look forward to hearing from you guys, Some very talented people here, GG :)

Replies

• Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    It's definitely over budget. I'd guess when he's broken down his head will be 300-500 triangles and a 256x256 texture but its best just to wait until the specs are released to design for the hero.

As for effects, currently you can't import your own particles. Selfillum would add a subtle glow to the bloodstone though. You definitely can't give him a custom idle animation. I don't even think the import tools are set up to submit custom taunt animations yet.
  • Fluff-Co
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really? I do own a slark dagger with a custom jump, but that must be valve made?

Also tell me more about selfillum :3
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Self iliumination is controlled by the alpha channel in the masks1 texture. White areas will glow and black won't.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah I think for certain items Valve actually make custom animations themselves. I know there is a crossbow for Drow Ranger which has it's own animation too.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    MdK wrote: »
    Yeah I think for certain items Valve actually make custom animations themselves. I know there is a crossbow for Drow Ranger which has it's own animation too.

They need to change that, I want to make some custom animations for single items!