Home Technical Talk

Freeze Transform AFTER Wiring?

Hi all,

I've been continuously hitting an irritating problem when building rigs. Very straight forward question: Is there any way to freeze the transforms of a control shape after it has been wired to something?

The problem occurs when taking a rig from its uniform and often disjointed position while building it to a more natural position. For example; the wings of a bird I've built were made in a completely different file from the body and were frozen before merging the files.

Am I doomed to the prospect of re-wiring everything in order to re-freeze the transforms?

Replies

• monster
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    I assume you are using 3ds Max because the term wiring is unique to that program.

You don't need to refreeze. You can make a max script that stores the current transform, zeros the "Zero" controller, and then restore the transform on the frozen controller. Any wired expression that aren't a simple expression may need to be adjusted.
  • STEVONATRON
    Yes to the Max part - And that sounds like a very good solution, for which I am very grateful.

Thanks for the help!