BG on myself, the team, and the project:
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS ASSIGNMENT EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT: [email protected]
My name is Matt Kazan, I go by Maxx, or Maxx0rz. I currently work full time at Ubisoft Toronto (with Polycount's very own Adam Bromell). I am also the project manager and team lead for a Source Engine game called No More Room in Hell. We started as an HL2 mod and we are now a full standalone game with Valve's support.
Our game's situation is unique. We are now a standalone game going live on Steam (one of the first ten games to be Greenlit last year) and have Valve's full support but our game is 100% free with absolutely no income model. We have also won various awards since our first release on Halloween 2011:
- ModDB: Multiplayer Mod of the Year Editor's Choice 2011, 2nd runner up Player's Choice 2011, 2nd runner up Player's Choice 2012
- PC Gamer US: 2011 Mod of the Year
- GameFront: 2012 Mod of the Year, Player's Choice
- Maximum PC Magazine: 2012 Best Zombie Games (with DayZ and WarZ)
- Nearly 1,000,000 downloads even before our official Steam release
- By helping us, you will be having your artwork showcased front and center as a primary new addition to an award-winning, second party game for Steam and the Source Engine
The task that we have for anyone who may be interested is the creation of a Source Engine compatible character (Valve Biped based) of soldiers for the United States National Guard, which are NPC's in our game in a similar manner to the grunts from Half-Life or the Combine troops from HL2.
Our current art:
It sucks. It doesn't fit the rig properly, it is unoptimized, it doesn't deform nicely, and it's just generally below standards. Though, it does convey what we need fairly well.
Crye Precision Airframe http://cdn.airsoftsociety.com/images/1/0/3/5/8/p1040297-36348.jpg
Advanced Combat Helmet - https://newsline.llnl.gov/_rev02/articles/2009/aug/images/08_28_09_images/size0-army.mil-36941-2009-05-06-110553.jpg
Improved Outer Tactical Vest - http://survivalarmor.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/IOTV_IMG5776%20copy.jpg
Revision Desert Locust - http://milspecmonkey.com/protective/revision-dl-007.jpg
Pants - http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/2338/category_id/40/category_chain/40/product_name/Tactical+Response+Uniform+%28TRU%29+Pant+-+Multicam
Tunic - http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/2337/category_id/40/category_chain/40/product_name/Tactical+Response+Uniform+%28TRU%29+Top+-+Multicam
Blackhawk Warrior Wear Desert Ops - http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/4449/category_id/113/category_chain/19,113/product_name/Blackhawk+Warrior+Wear+Desert+Ops+Boots+-+Sage+Green
Condor Tactical - http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/2281/category_id/21/category_chain/21/product_name/Kevlar+Tactical+Glove
Blackhawk Special Operations Thigh Rig - http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/5869/category_id/152/category_chain/27,152/product_name/Blackhawk+Special+Operations+Thigh+Rig+Holster
Condor 3-day assault pack - http://www.newamericantruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/condor3day2.jpg
- We would like Mutlicam and ACU versions of the pants/tunic and of the helmets, and Multicam and sage versions of things like the IOTV, pouches, backpack, etc.
- The model needs to have patches on the Left and Right arms where a swappable Alpha texture of rank insignia for Private, SSG, and 2LT
- The Revision Desert Locust goggles should be up on the helmet, not down on the face
- It would be ideal to have a couple different configurations of the equipment/bodies (for variance)
- Character should be set up and built along the Valve Biped used in games like Counter Strike or Day of Defeat
- It would be incredible if the face was also set up for basic facial animation
- Face(s) should be 1024x1024 (to be scaled to 512x512), and body/gear should be 2048x2048 (to be scaled to 1024x1024)
- Normal maps required, specular maps are Greyscale only
- Polycount for a fully-fitted National Guardsman should not exceed 9,000 triangles at LOD0
- Firearms are NOT needed, as they are already completed and in-game
As for payment, the entire project is FREE and NO ONE on the team is being paid for their work (not even me) but this work is desperately needed and weve been trying to get it made for 3 years and no one has ever successfully completed it. Value of payment will be discussed between you and I directly, and will be based on production schedule and your examples of quality and previous work.
I look forward to hearing from some of you, I hope!