Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG REMIX - Hotline Miami

Woooaah mumma! I'm really late to this contest but I figure nothing bad can come from trying. I plan to do a diorama of Hotline Miami, mainly focusing on the 'Decadence' level where the player saves the girl. I also wanted to throw in a little 'hidden' extra of the two guys in the sewers at the end of the game, oh and model a Delorean :)

I have already started a little layout test using cubes and stuff, I'll upload it tomorrow during my lunch break when I set up a sketchfab account.

In regards to style... I don't really have another style that I'm aiming to push the game into so I guess I'll see where the game art takes me.

d91789980cfee75559cf272b87ce5fb44cc3777a.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

Replies

• WhamBam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so I feel really dumb now, I didn't upload any WIP sketchfab stuff from the other day because I couldn't figure out how to get it unfiltered. Then I find the answer on the competition page, haha whoops.

After all the unnecessary fuss, here is the first WIP, its all layout and base texturing at the moment. The finished environment will come tomorrow when I wake up and the characters (hopefully) soon after that.

Anyway I am very new to doing pixel style texturing so any feedback is welcome. (currently this scene is using two 64x64 textures, one of which isn't full yet)

Cheers.

[SKETCHFAB]d076ef6544514001ab066cf9ab257094[/SKETCHFAB]