Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - Little Big Planet 2

So I've decided to attempt entering this. I started off wanting to do something League related but decided that I had a lot more inspiration with the Little Big Planet universe.

5zws.jpg

This is my brief concept sketch, yeah it looks like a baby drew it but I just wanted to get the idea down on paper.

The idea behind it is a battle between the Negatrivitron, a giant evil vacuum cleaner and a group of sackboys. The vacuum cleaners sucking up the world so I'm going for a vertical composition with blocks and bits floating around.

My modeling experience is a few TF2 props and some Cinema 4D motion work so this is pretty much a completely new experience for me. I'm learning 3DS Max as I go and texturing as well is something I'm going to struggle through.

Heres the head of the negatrivitron. Attempted to UV it so the textures are just a test to see that it worked. There are two planes that will be the teeth but I'm having issues with the opacity map being slightly transparent all the way across. It's just black and white but do I have to do something special for it to work?

[SKETCHFAB]ed66ee030489496aa0ac8c90f3e18ef2[/SKETCHFAB]

Replies