Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - Sly Raccoon

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Dickie polycounter lvl 9
So I just found out about the challenge and thought I jump right in, I have a block out of my scene but Sly's wireframe is pretty done.

for your viewing pleasure -
[SKETCHFAB]9acc9aff98cc4d469fb68a20d6369d91[/SKETCHFAB]

Sly's 482 triangles and the cane's 100, not sure about his typology but the silhouette is getting there

GMNTAZ2.png?1

not done anything this low poly in years and characters aren't really my thing, crit is of course welcomed.

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • AzzaMat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AzzaMat polycounter lvl 9
    Nice start, whats the plan for the scene?
  • Dickie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dickie polycounter lvl 9
    thanks, here's my plan for the scene-

[SKETCHFAB]486e25de9e334776ad2edbd80d84ed7e[/SKETCHFAB]

Not sure if I like its dynamic so could change drastically if I can come up with something better, also those corner bricks are adding a lot of polys
  • Dickie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dickie polycounter lvl 9
    [SKETCHFAB]021cba0f220045c59d98a04ce08ab050[/SKETCHFAB]

going to completely redo the environment as I'm not enjoying it, but for now I had a go at texturing Sly.
    Found texturing at this size very hard and I had much more detail to the texture but it just looked messy.

[getting a fair amount of zfighting in the ears/hands but I'll fix that shortly]
  • Dickie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dickie polycounter lvl 9
    [SKETCHFAB]260843a2e0934f9c839d3092d235055f[/SKETCHFAB]

So here's my new blockout, love the character of clockwerk even if her gets none of the screen time.

The owl model is currently 482 tris but that'll double when I put features on
  • Dickie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dickie polycounter lvl 9
    so sketchfab doesn't seem to like this many alphas on a model and is just not showing some of them, which is kind of understandable...

[SKETCHFAB]7c188d90e4d442b6a7263dc4e2a9929f[/SKETCHFAB]

thinking of going back to my previous scene if only because it was easyer and my time's not limitless