Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - Crash Bandicoot 3

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Teessider polycounter lvl 11
I had so many ideas I wanted to for this contest but I went for one of my childhood games...Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (Didn't have the first two lol)

Gonna do the Warp Room for this contest :)

Replies

• LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Awesome idea dude. I look forward to seeing it develop!

Good to see a fellow Teessider getting involved.

I'm an MA environment art graduate. Enjoying your course?
  • Teessider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I've just graduated and yeh it was enjoyable. Met lots of awesome people and made some contacts!
  • Ahuri
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahuri polycounter lvl 15
    Man! That's hell of a great idea. I was thinking about Crash 1 or 2. Doing a part of a bonus round or a jungle set. Level design was so amazing.
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Awesome man. Yeah i think that's the best thing you take away from it. Good friends and helpful contacts.

I wont knock the facilities or staff but I definitely feel like I taught myself 3D, along with the beautiful people of polycount :)

All the best with your project! :)
  • We r the Walrus
    Cool choice for the scene - good chance to show off some mad variety with the time portals. Looking forward to seeing how it looks (gonna have to listen to the soundtrack too for the full nostalgia experiece) :)
  • ALMO5T Joycie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another fellow Teessider here. Met old Lankus there and definitely share the sentiment that we taught ourselves 3D.

Your project sounds great. the bright colours will be really nice for a diorama!

I'm doing a game with great memories, but going back to late teens with The Warriors.

Makes it more a labour of love when you're more attached to the game. looking forward to seeing the results!

tumblr_mi59pdfsPP1r1t81xo1_400.gif
  • Teessider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Latest Progress:

Finally started this contest properly! (although I know I only have a week left to do this)

Got the middle of the warp room base done along with the walls. Nothing has been optimised yet but that will be done.

Considering how long is left, not sure on whether to include each of the individual warp areas or just concentrate on the main "hub"

Thoughts? :)

[SKETCHFAB]6385a432bd664650a5a7e13f1947c90c[/SKETCHFAB]
  • Teessider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sad news! I have been unable to finish my entry in time for the contest deadline as I started too late and life got in the way lol.

However all is not lost! I will continue this after the deadline tonight and I will start a new thread for this :)

But for now here is my latest progress:

[SKETCHFAB]db43af4acecb4dc8be1324de1f520ad9[/SKETCHFAB]

The central "hub" has been modelled (mostly)

Good luck to those who have submitted their entry! :)