Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - F-Zero

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Wesley polycounter lvl 13
Hey I like F-Zero.

I also have no internet at home (using my mobile right now) so it's going to be difficult to post updates. But I didn't want to just create a thread with everything dumped.

The track is Port Town Aero Dive. I have a very small and blurry track map that I'm going on... I can't worry too much about it being 1:1.

Track
track01.jpg

Replies

• the-regressor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Which F Zero game is that from? Looks like a doozy to race on...
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey I still like F-Zero.

Meant to update this thread this morning but I ran out phone credit. Made some changes to the track, modelled around a white cat model I had made a couple of years ago - using that for craft placement, created some of the other scenery bitsjpg

scene01.jpg

scene02.jpg

scene03.jpg

scene04.jpg

scene05.jpg

I'll try and hook up my PC through my phone to spit out a sketch fab thing.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh someone replied. It's the Aero Dive from GX, not 1:1, the real thing isn't as 'banky' and has more of those small steps. But the Port Town area has been in every F-Zero I think.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [SKETCHFAB]ed8b375b40074fb29b07fa911b1cacfc[/SKETCHFAB]

Did some crafts last night. Hope to finish them tonight/tomorrow night. Need to get crackin'!
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm still into F-Zero.

[SKETCHFAB]5effc067491b4c1d8345a5aaf0856711[/SKETCHFAB]

Crafts are in the scene. Everything apart from them are unwrapped. Super gimp-WIP texture placed on the track.
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    Wow, quite an ambitious project. Seems a bit high on the polys overall though.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As in the scene overall? I saw in the questions thread there wasn't a limit on the scene overall so I thought fuck iiiiit.

All the crafts are between 300 and 400 tris. The track is probably quite a few, like 3000 but it's just long... erm. The large structure is under 500 tris. The craney thing is too high right now but I'm replacing some of those girders with an alpha'd texture.

Yeah I've totally made it too big. No internet at home so I've just been a bit bored and this was fun to model out. Probably won't finish it. Badly planned.