Home Unreal Engine

UT3: Creating face masks for characters?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
CognizanCe polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys,
I want to make a mask/ face accessories for UT3.
I downloaded ONE of the iron guard UT3 males as a .fbx file that epic made available, but how do I ensure that what masks I make (In Maya) are scaled correctly for other in game characters, especially since I cannot export from UT3 editor or UDK back to my own 3d program...?

Replies

• r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    The default UDK characters are about 96 units tall. You can also import cubes and compare them to the face of the character until you get the right size. I'd just make the mask in Maya, then import and scale in UDK and then do the exact same scale operation back in Maya.
  • CognizanCe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 wrote: »
    I'd just make the mask in Maya, then import and scale in UDK and then do the exact same scale operation back in Maya.

Ok, cool.
    I just wish I could have the character from UDKto Maya then just build ONCE within maya with the correct scale, but oh well...
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    If you have the iron guard FBX file and it matches scale to that then it should be the right size?
  • CognizanCe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt wrote: »
    If you have the iron guard FBX file and it matches scale to that then it should be the right size?

Yes but I also want to do masks for the ronin males and females, and necris.
    Epic released one or two iron guard. Not the others.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    They're all about the same size and proportion. All the human characters use the same skeleton.

There is probably going to be some back and forth between programs any way you approach this. Also there should be the model for the ronin female available from epic somewhere. I recall having it to ref also. She includes a mask piece so that would make for good ref.