Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - Skyrim

Hey hey everyone! been a long time since I jumped in on any art comps, but this looked too cool to pass up on.

I'll be having a blast at a little Skyrim Diorama :)

Replies

• L3XICON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow getting to around 500 tri's is super tricky :D more to come soon!

reference_01.jpg

character_01.jpg
  • Shiv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiv polycounter lvl 15
    He looks hefty :)
    He is missing his sword tho! You could remove the edge loops either side of the mirror line on his chest, I dont think those are really going to add much to the silhoette, same on the belt, especially as it isnt effecting the shape of that curve, unless you are going to repeat a section of texture around his body, the cost seems higher than the gain on it.
  • L3XICON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks for the crit shiv man :) the loop is there for when I rig this fella, but if it proves un-needed it will be the first to go - good spot!

not much time for this tonight but a little work on textures. crits and comments welcome!

character_02.jpg
  • Alismuffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alismuffin polycounter lvl 7
    Omg epic! Keeping an eye on this one!
  • specsowl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    specsowl polycounter lvl 6
    FUS...LO...POLY! I like this. Your nord came out great. However, I think that the wrinkle you made in his loincloth area (don't know the technical term) is lost in your texture, though I assume you're still working on it. I can't wait to see the continued progress on this :D
  • VisanCosmin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you can make a scene when the warrior fights with a dragon, that will be a awesome scene
  • AzzaMat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AzzaMat polycounter lvl 9
    Really nice texture work on that character. I look forward to seeing more
  • mariomanzanares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mariomanzanares polycounter lvl 5
    Nice texture. I'm following this one.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Looking awesome so far. So whats the plan for this? Dovahkiin fighting Alduin in Sovngarde? In a dungeon beating up Draugrs? Fighting Daedra?
  • L3XICON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey :) thanks for the awesome comments and suggestion guys! appreciated. really didnt have any time for this over the weekend so not much of an update, just a simple blockout for the rest of the diaroma and a few tweaks to the texture.

@specsowl - yup, the texture still only about 40% done, the fur is going to be super tricky to do especially with mirror right down the centre!

@VisanCosmin - would have loved to try a dragon, but not sure i have the skillz to do that justice :D

@Sukotto - I wanted to keep the scope relatively simple and small enough to finish. I've opted for the nord chap assaulting a couple of lovely wolves who were just out for a nice walk in the park and minding their own business.

btw - how on earth do we embed sketchfab models?! I've uploaded onto the lovely Sketchfab website but when I try and click the little sketchfab icon here on Polycount nothing happens! embedding code seems to just spam that code. any help anyone can provide would be much appreciated, ta!

so the quick update, of course and as always, crits and comments are most welcome

character_03.jpg