Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Some rocks from Iesabel (ios/android)

ofca
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ofca polycounter lvl 9
Hi there,

Recently i made some rocks for 3 act of Iesabel (actually first act is avaiable on itunes/google play).

Soft i used are:
Blender (basemesh/lowpoly)
Zbrush - sculpt/texturing
Meshlab - lowpoly (yes, low poly object are straight from Meshlab - awesome tool for retopo. Yeah i cant wait to try new tool in Zbrush)
Photoshop - Textures
ndo2 - textures (normals/additional ao/spec)

Ho0UbZ2h.jpg
Mf6m9sph.jpg
6fpL61Ph.jpg
GSBY54Mh.jpg
rYrdA5Oh.jpg

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Looks really cool man. I think the ao in the cracks is too strong though. I would tone that way down. The shark tooth looking rock has the least of it and is reading the best currently imo. I also think you could add some more variation by using slightly different colors for different rock parts and also play around with the value of different parts as well. Its suffering from looking too uniform at the moment. Very nice forms though, the high poly's for these look great.
  • ofca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ofca polycounter lvl 9
    Looks really cool man. I think the ao in the cracks is too strong though. I would tone that way down. The shark tooth looking rock has the least of it and is reading the best currently imo. I also think you could add some more variation by using slightly different colors for different rock parts and also play around with the value of different parts as well. Its suffering from looking too uniform at the moment. Very nice forms though, the high poly's for these look great.

Well, you have got pure right. Thanks for crits. Will do better next time for sure!
  • AGarton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGarton polycounter lvl 9
    Very nice, the shapes are really eye-catching!
  • Jet_Pilot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jet_Pilot polycounter lvl 10
    Did you use any reference for your shapes, or is this meant to be stylized?
    I've never seen anything like that in nature?
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Many of the cracks are too linear - the final formation looks more like a weathered brick wall than a natural formation.
  • ofca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ofca polycounter lvl 9
    Jet_Pilot wrote: »
    Did you use any reference for your shapes, or is this meant to be stylized?
    I've never seen anything like that in nature?

Well our game isnt fully realistic, but you have right. I had some references, maybe didn't fit to them perfectly. Will keep eye on that with next objects. Thanks!