Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - Vagrant Story

I ultimately chose Vagrant Story for this contest because I loved the battle system, along with the dark themes underlying the game.

I'll post the references of the game and upload some of the sketches for the diorama that I am planning. Still brainstorming how the textures will look but what is concrete so far is that it'll be a circular diorama with 4 characters dotting the place. The main character, Ashley Riot, then 3 enemies, boss character Dullahan, hellhounds, and skeletons.

ashley-riot-vagrant-story.jpg

VS-enemy-dullahan.gif

monster_hellhound_vs.jpg

monster_skeleton_vs.jpg

Below I've created test tiles to get a better grasp on the look of the diorama, each tile is 64x64 in the image. I'm testing if a dirty look could work out as Vagrant Story locales took place in abandoned or dilapidated areas.

VagrantStory_FloorTile_Test.jpg

Replies

• MSanchez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've uploaded a test environment with some of the materials I've created to get accustomed to what sketchfab can do.

[SKETCHFAB]eb51618390644e4da09bb047ddca339b[/SKETCHFAB]
  • MSanchez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been busy with work the past week and haven't had the chance to post anything till now. :poly122:

Below is the environment that'll hold the characters I'll be creating.

Inspired by the catacombs and castle environments of Vagrant Story I combined elements together as a "boss room." After defeating the enemies, the player would need to solve the puzzle of the pressure plates and crates to open the passageway to the next area of the level.

[SKETCHFAB]eae97af36949473ab14c86d132129afa[/SKETCHFAB]