Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix- Oban Star Racers

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
Jello ladies and gents!

Kick this off with a brief,
brief-

The creation of a Oban star racers themed Diorama, with three-four stages of the actual oban planet encompassed. (Different Biomes) The track will be a simple circuit and resemble a scalextric track. the centre will be the floating pit stop (egg looking things). There will be two ships in race, i've since found out Sketchfab does not support animation (yet) so they will be in an action pose of some kind. Eva/molly may be modeled depending on time frame, however since transparency is booted she will not be flying in the cockpit.

Style-
The game had a cell shaded low poly style, but i'll be taking more influences from the show and the art books i purchased! I just adore the style they had and i've wanted to use it so many times but never had the chance or the art books to research it properly. I want this to have a nice low poly feel and i think i can pull it off. I may give a few artistic choices here and there so don't complain if its not hardcore spot on!

Limits-

I want to stay as faithful as i can to the poly capps. If i can't, i'm doing something wrong and need to rethink what is important. For texture maps. I'm not sure on the sizes as of yet, but general thinking;

1000 tri = 512 map
500 tris = 256 map
250 tris = 128 map
125 tris = 64 map

Up to date Progress;

Arrow 2 - In Ketchup-fabolous, 998 tris.
[SKETCHFAB]2d4d1f74f02f4657978fc71919e2997f[/SKETCHFAB]

Full Scene Blockout - 13.4k total. Each piece is modular and well below 500 tris each.
[SKETCHFAB]b1d8a782696c48f8a09d073fe2eb77d6[/SKETCHFAB]

For the sake of OCD AUTO CENTRE S-KETCHUP!

Replies