Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - RAGE

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
stuART_3dee polycounter lvl 10
3ghfbseru7f.jpg
Hey y'all! Just placing a spot before it got taken. The game had some amazing looking vistas and locales and I've already thrown some ideas around (one in particular). Let's do this!

Replies

• LANKUS MAXIMUS
    I was hoping someone would do RAGE. cant wait to see hoe you approach all that crazy detail on a diorama!

Awesome.
  • stuART_3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The spot that instantly came to my mind was the Mutant Bash TV entrance. Played the game earlier collecting reference to see where I can take it. The area is quite heavy. Picking out structures I could use and smaller props to populate it. Working on simplifying it but here it goes.
    rage_mbTV_moodboard.jpg
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    That above sentence was like music to my ears. Loved every minute of that game. Yeah sure some places were empty but it was the end of the world after all. Good luck!
  • stuART_3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loving the stuff everyone's pumping out! Super fun! Pretty easy to get carried away with this so I spent some time optimizing. Terrain/cliffs might be a bit much so suggestions on how to approach them are welcomed.

Week 2 will be spent texturing. Was quite inspired by the mash-ups and styles everyone went for. But I think I'll keep it simple: How Rage could have looked back in 1993.

Enjoy!

mbtv_01.jpg