Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alien head - learning zbrush

Still getting familiar with ZBrush. C&C greatly appreciated!

Starting a one eyed alien:

alienhead01-1.jpg

alienhead02.jpg

Replies

• lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    hey there, you should probably lower your subdivision lvl a lot, its really important to work with the general shapes on a low density level.
    With that said you did a good job, its not blobby and most of all you didn't rush to details, so I gotta commend you for that :)
    so no real crits on your sculpting technique.

The design is a bit wobbly and weird though, its hard to make out facial features, esp the nose. I suggest look at real human facial features and try incorporate them in a subtle way into your design.
  • levigilbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet: Thanks! Yeah definitely ended up going back into lower subdivisions to move things around. Trying to develop the nose area to be like a gorillas and making the mouth a little more human.

Did some more work on him:

alienhead03.jpg

alienhead04.jpg
  • levigilbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started adding details:

alienhead06.jpg

alienhead05.jpg

alienhead07.jpg
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beta_channel polycounter lvl 7
    Levi,
    You need to go back to your main forms still. I am not sure what is going on with his neck, it looks like loose skin rather than the muscles needed to lift the head.
    I am a little confused about the jaw and ear as well. It appears his mandible hinge is level with the center of his eye, which will lead to a huge opening for the mouth and require massive muscles to add in chewing, speech, etc.

Keep at it, and don't forget to study your anatomy.