Home Dota 2

Infernal Dawn - Workshop

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Zeemis polycounter lvl 11
I am a 3d modeler seeking a particle systems creator. I have entirely modeled and textured a sword for the Hero "Doom"; however, one of the key components that this sword needs is a fiery vortex.

Rift Weapon: Infernal Dawn (click to view in 3D)
thumbnail_448.png
Concept Art ~ By Tyler James

-=Statistics=-
Polygons: 1,118
Triangles: 2,002
Vertices: 1,008
~Diffuse
~Specular
~Normal
~Emissive

Replies

• Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    particles cant be created in dota2, you can only use the once in the game for the specific hero. The information on how to do that is floating around about the last couple of pages in the dota2 workshop thread.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    not to nitpick, but isn't the recommended tri count for dooms first lod 1k? you have a normal map? but it looks like you're using separate smoothing groups for edges.. sorta defeats the purpose of the normal map. also, you may want to get ride of the cuts in the handle. having the wraps modeled in is wayyy to much detail.
  • Zeemis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The normal map is being used to make the lava vein thing pop a little more.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Are you planning on submitting this for the Workshop or is it merely a personal thing? I ask because you're using a concept from a professional concept artist, from an actual game that exists. I'm not going to assume if you know Tyler James or not but this is standing on shaky ground.
  • Zeemis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I do not know Tyler James personally; however, I know one of the creative directors of Trion Worlds and he forwarded me to his portfolio where I then sent Tyler an email. I have not received a reply back, and I honestly don't think I'll actually submit this to the Steam Workshop. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed modeling and texturing Tyler's work. :)