Home Dota 2

Importer Animation Glitch?

I'm busy making an item which require some animations (Juggernaut Ability 2 - Healing Ward). I've done the animation sequences in 3Ds MAX, namely the 3 scenes required by the importer: ACT_DOTA_SPAWN, ACT_DOTA_IDLE, ACT_DOTA_DIE.

I've exported these scenes as FBX and I import them using the in-game DOTA 2 Workshop Importer. The 3 animations play correct at the importer, but once I test my item in-game two of the animations glitch:

Spawn (30 frames) : At first look it the animation plays right but near the end it glitches like its repeating itself.
Idle (60 frames) : Idle animation looks fine, nothing weird to report here.
Die (50 frames) : The die animation plays correct, except it repeats itself 3 times.

No matter what I try, different settings on the FBX exporter, etc. These spawn and die animations always glitch up.

Has anyone run into this problem and found a work around? Will it help if I set the length of each animation scene to the same frame count?

Thing I've done to ensure proper export:

- 0,0,0 pivot. Reset Xform on model, skinned and weighted the bones using the right naming conventions. (attach_hitloc, root/master)
- Exported animated bones only: ACT_DOTA_SPAWN.fbx, ACT_DOTA_IDLE.fbx, ACT_DOTA_DIE.fbx
- FBX settings : http://i.imgur.com/zt7OZLU.jpg

Replies