Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2D Art focused point and click adventure game

I am creating a game called The Bizarre creations of Keith the magnificent. The focus of the game is on the artwork and the story. It is also currently up on kickstarter.

In this thread however I mostly wanna talk about the art, and get feedback on it, and I would like to post new images I'm working on as development goes on and similar. If you want to know about story and gameplay, or try the game, there are links below the pictures that will send you to my kickstarter, which is full of information, and a direct download of the game. It is currently for windows only.

The setting the game is in is a weird fantasy/steampunk world, where magic and science coexists, although generally not well. The games protagonist - who you never see - is a mad wizard, scientist and engineer, the only man with more than one profession. This has lost him all of his friends.

He builds himself steampunk zombie cyborgs to get new friends, and lives on a huge flying castle he built for himself.

The style is supposed to be strange and quirky, a bit grotesque and gory as the game relies heavily on dark humour and dark themes, but I wanted it to still have a lot of colour and life - make the contrast work towards the weirdness of the game, instead of making it all tragic and dark. Humour is something i value extremely highly, and is a huge factor in my game.

All of these images are how the character appears ingame, and the style the entire game with 13 levels and well over 120 puzzles will have.

A lot of the art I feel doesn't truly come alive until it is in the game, as while there is little animation in the game, subtle movements and similar make a world of difference in bringing life to it.

Feedback and comments of any kind is more than welcome.

b1c8614071f35033ce9bef1e881818eb_large.jpg?1373917645

914a4988826dbf6f60b064e551c09ffd_large.jpg?1374078664

04640aac1049fb0e05929d3af8d5b503_large.png?1374078703
5e88787dbf10591c3fe69f5a61b62b82_large.jpg?1373917680
A fully playable demo of the game can be played here.

And the kickstarter is available here.

Replies