Home Dota 2

WRHerbert's Workshop

Hey, I'm a relatively new 3D artist whose using DOTA 2 item creation as a learning tool. I'm here to help with my development by getting advice and feedback from you fine folks. You should know that even though these items are small scale I'm a huge perfectionist and quite ambitious so things take a long time until I'm happy.

Thanks for dropping by!

Current Works in Progress:

I'm a little way through the creation process so this is where I'm currently working. I'm focusing on the hood at the moment.

I'm struggling with getting enough material fold definition, I've run out of polygon for the hood, but it feels a bit dull, any tips?

Also, when it comes to textures, I feel like I need some extra detail that adds some asymmetry and wow factor but I'm all out of ideas.

tUPJ88B.jpg?1

Submitted Items:

-

Accepted Items:

-

Thanks again, see you soon!

Replies

• WRHerbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've actually changed direction and decided to work on some Earthshaker cosmetics because although I've learned a lot from working with Riki, I'm not happy with where it's going.

The problem I've got with my Earthshaker items is that they don't seem to 'pop'. I feel like they need some sort of detail or element to make them stand out. So far I've simply textured some bracers (please ignore the transparent one on the right, inverted normals).

Can anyone give me some tips to make it stand out from the arm and environment. Thanks!

VcHyCpp.jpg