Home Dota 2

Ren3gade's workshop

Replies

• heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    I think where it's at, it's worth completing atleast to get it done. Whether or not it's submitted doesn't really matter, learning and growing from the experience is what helps!
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andd what do you think about sladar kid on a manta courier?
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    I think that we should continue this conversation in your thread, or you should message me and we should stop usurping Renegades thread :3
  • gordon13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow that was a lot of posts! Interesting points made. If you guys think it doesn't represent what Ursa's cub would be like well enough, then maybe it should be reworked. If Agito is happy to make changes to the design, I'll be happy to make it!
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gordon13 wrote: »
    Wow that was a lot of posts! Interesting points made. If you guys think it doesn't represent what Ursa's cub would be like well enough, then maybe it should be reworked. If Agito is happy to make changes to the design, I'll be happy to make it!

ya i actually can change the design of back pack and pants if you want :)
  • gordon13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    but in before i'd like to discuss what i thought and what you thought of first XD

1) the cartoony bird, original idea
    pro = looks cute, unique, need animate for flapping short, unrealistic wings,
    con = might cartoony, need extra bones, not really fit to Ursa's serious bear lore if take it serious.

2) ballon
    pro = can be use leather stitched style to fit the style, no need animation, easy , still can keep the idea of doggy style swimming for flying form
    con = existed idea for other couriers,

3) Courier's gear
    i'm thinking maybe just use a simple bag style like Roshling did. with a simple thread tied on it (maybe got some pointystuff poke out from the bag)...

then when flying form i think either put on legs or bite with mouth.

here is a rough drawing what i think right now.:)
    BNwEmSL.jpg

checked ursa's armor got some rought stitches so i think it is okay to maintain the ear wristband/ring thingy but maybe change to exact ursa's pattern to make it like it is related with ursa's clan
  • gordon13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the new gear. Could also add some teeth/claws in some areas like Ursa has. I think the flying version could do something different though because as you said, balloons have been used before. Maybe something else like a parachute made of leather scraps or something. And yeah he could hold the bag with his legs as he paddles! Would look great.

How about the fur? Since people were saying it made him look too cartoony, maybe the colour should be changed to match Ursa a little more?

Also as much as I love the original concept, maybe his face could be made a little more long with hears pointing backwards to remind people of Ursa more. I'm sure that could be made to look very cute too.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the new gear. Could also add some teeth/claws in some areas like Ursa has. I think the flying version could do something different though because as you said, balloons have been used before. Maybe something else like a parachute made of leather scraps or something. And yeah he could hold the bag with his legs as he paddles! Would look great.

How about the fur? Since people were saying it made him look too cartoony, maybe the colour should be changed to match Ursa a little more?

Also as much as I love the original concept, maybe his face could be made a little more long with hears pointing backwards to remind people of Ursa more. I'm sure that could be made to look very cute too.

Ya, bag can add some tooth/ fangs for decoration, as for the budge i really not sure it still able for that or not. if can we just drop some of it on the bag.

well my main point is keep maintaining the flying form posture in the sketch sheet. if we use parachute, i not really can imagine how to execute that. put the parachute on his belt /butt area?

how about a giant dandelion for flying form ?? originally i was thought a giant clover leaf for that... (that one need sketch another pose for that :) )
    (with custom particle spreading those seeds, if can make it XD)??

for the fur i think we can match with Ursa little more, or maybe slightly alter a little bit like how the Penguin's fur when it is young ??
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Much better, but the blue hue of the fur is still too much for my taste. Also, agreed with gordon on the face, doesn't look bear-ish enough. I think the balloons work for the flying version but keep in mind that they may be covering up a lot of your model.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here was the bear-ish he did there...
    Cuzu6KI.jpg

personally i prefer fatter face XD (like pikachu)
  • down_limit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    down_limit polycounter lvl 10
    like this eyes type. i think u can create cool face animations with that!)
  • gordon13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe some kind of leaf could be made into a flying machine or something? Maybe he flies using a parachute/balloon and portable smoke signal fire which makes the parachute produce lift (no idea how we could make smoke though...)?
    I think the more bearish looking version you linked could definitely be improved as it doesn't really look like Ursa. If I were to remake the face I would definitely aim for something like Ursa, while exagerating features.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe some kind of leaf could be made into a flying machine or something? Maybe he flies using a parachute/balloon and portable smoke signal fire which makes the parachute produce lift (no idea how we could make smoke though...)?
    I think the more bearish looking version you linked could definitely be improved as it doesn't really look like Ursa. If I were to remake the face I would definitely aim for something like Ursa, while exagerating features.

not really can imagine what you will make it like. :)
    but can't wait for that haha. as you know actually i quite weak in realism
  • Automedic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    agito666 wrote: »
    but in before i'd like to discuss what i thought and what you thought of first XD

1) the cartoony bird, original idea
    pro = looks cute, unique, need animate for flapping short, unrealistic wings,
    con = might cartoony, need extra bones, not really fit to Ursa's serious bear lore if take it serious.

2) ballon
    pro = can be use leather stitched style to fit the style, no need animation, easy , still can keep the idea of doggy style swimming for flying form
    con = existed idea for other couriers,

3) Courier's gear
    i'm thinking maybe just use a simple bag style like Roshling did. with a simple thread tied on it (maybe got some pointystuff poke out from the bag)...

then when flying form i think either put on legs or bite with mouth.

here is a rough drawing what i think right now.:)
    BNwEmSL.jpg

checked ursa's armor got some rought stitches so i think it is okay to maintain the ear wristband/ring thingy but maybe change to exact ursa's pattern to make it like it is related with ursa's clan

Actually why not let him cling to a single balloon, shivering and panicking. I think we haven't had a courier yet that was afraid of heights. Plus it would be pretty cute for a ursa-themed cub. :)
  • gordon13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lol that would be pretty funny. Also it would make sense since I don't think his tribe tend to do much flying!