Home Artists Looking For Work

Scam artist Adam Burton

Hey guys,

I'm writing this to tell you about a scammer named Adam Burton, forum name aburt11. This is his link http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122951

This guy wanted me to model the character in that image so I did using just that one image because he didn't want to draw a usable reference image of that character. Once I got it done he sent me an e-check which takes 3 to 5 days in order for me to get the money. Me being a trustworthy guy sent him the model but the very next day he sent me an email saying that he canceled the e-check and deleted my work because he hired a "professional artist" that said my work isn't game worthy. I tried to get him to tell me who that person was because I wanted to know what I did wrong so that I could get better but he refused to tell me the "professional artists" name. I'm writing this so that no one else gets scammed by this person. Hope this helped :)

Replies

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    I got contacted by the guy regarding the same project, thanks for the heads up and sorry you got burned :/
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You might want to be a nice guy but business is business. Don't submit the final work until the check clears. Scamming jerks ruin it for everyone.
  • SinisterUrge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for sharing. Their needs to be a section on this forum for blacklisting scam artists.
  • SpukeAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpukeAnimation polycounter lvl 11
    thanks for the heads up
  • Kyuzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
    hm, it's nice that you tell us about scammer, but can you show a screenshot of the character you did?
    looking at yourworks: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103160 i can suppose that your employer wasn't that wrong.
    Hope that i'm wrong and this is just outdated page
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Kyuzo - then why did he take the model then after posting an echeck then cancelling it.
    He obviously didn't want to pay for it.
    If he was unhappy with the model he could have asked for revisions
  • Kyuzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
    i don't know all details, so i can just imagine, but it's really easy to tell "that guy is bad, hate him everyone" without any real proof. Just as i see in this thread
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    my point is that it's irrelevent if the model he produced was good or bad, you don't just cut people off with no explanation. you were suggesting that he made a crap model and therefore maybe he deserved not to get paid.
    looking at yourworks: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103160 i can suppose that your employer wasn't that wrong

according to the poster the guy took his model and then withdrew the cheque. if that's the case then I find that pretty unprofessional.
    If he was not happy he could have just said so and not bothered with a cheque
  • Kyuzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
    Ruz wrote: »
    my point is that it's irrelevent if the model he produced was good or bad, you don't just cut people off with no explanation. you were suggesting that he made a crap model and therefore maybe he deserved not to get paid.

according to the poster the guy took his model and then withdrew the cheque. if that's the case then I find that pretty unprofessional.
    If he was not happy he could have just said so and not bothered with a cheque

yes, maybe i'm too harsh, but this is a two side conflict, and here we are looking just at TS point of view.

There are too small amount of information, how did employer sent e-check, if he didn't even seen what artist have done? No screenshots? Blind deal? Can't believe this happend. But if so... both sides are guilty here.

Lack of information makes me doubt. If you want to judge someone by a single noninformative post, so.. welcome to Stalin's Soviet Russia.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did Stalin make a lot of judgment calls based on single forum posts? Interesting ...
  • Kyuzo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
    WarrenM wrote: »
    Did Stalin make a lot of judgment calls based on single forum posts? Interesting ...

hehe, i mentioned the time, not Stalin himself, if you know history of Russia, you should know that in these times a single anonymous delation on person to a KGB was admit as a fact in most of cases, and people was taken, no matter with or without any real guilt.

PS. it's too much of me in this thread, heh