Home Dota 2

Submitting files

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
redcap polycounter lvl 11
So while submitting there are two things that I ran into that confuse me.

1)Output file name: Is there a specific naming convention I am suppose to adhere to? Or does this really matter?

2)Submission file(.zip) Is there suppose to be a hierarchy within this .zip file or do I just try to name the files as clearly as I can and hope valve can figure it out. I couldn't find any support on this one aspect of the submission process. I wish they just used your submitted files when you uploaded to preview your work...

If anyone who has successfully submitted and gotten their item in game could help I would be much obliged.

Replies

• vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    You can chooes whatever filename you want. I use *slot*_*setname*.

As for the zip, you're doing it wrong. When you submit, you don't need to create zips or anything. You select your mesh and texture, press Import, see how it looks in the loadout and everything, then you press Submit, set the name, description and thumbnail. The zip is already created and added to the submisiion (On top, there's a long path with weird numbers and stuff), there's no need to change anything about it.
  • redcap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you so much Vlad, I went and updated both of my items off of your advice. I actually assumed that was the way you did it, but then second guessed myself and screwed it up. :)
  • redcap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay another question, when trying to do a collection of items for a set how what is the process you do to submit those files into the collection? Do you submit them separately but then link them to a collection? How do you create a collection with a cool beauty shot, when submitting do you have to add all the files at the same time?

Thanks in advance.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can upload each item, then create a collection (go to the D2 workshop page, not your workshop files, and click on the collection tab, there will be button on the right) and when creating the collection, you can add the items there.

As for the beaty shot, there a bunch of ways, you can check out my guide for that.
    There a bunch of ways, but the first steps are always the same, you have to get all the items together and then pose your hero, after that you can render it in Max, Marmoset, Zbrush or whatever you prefer. For doing promo shots in general you can read this
  • redcap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vlad you are the man, did you know that we can allocate some of Valve's cut to you. How cool is that? ;)
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, i heard!