Home Unreal Engine

Landscape Deleting Component Help!

I know this questions is pretty common, but i have yet to find a solution to fit my current problem. Going based off the UDN Site for the recommended Landscape size. http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/LandscapeCreating.html I chose to go with 1009x1009. I have since then built my entire level around this size, and like the size I have. The problem arose when i needed to cut a hole in the side of the mountain for a cave. Even with the smallest brush size selected. I could not delete a section without taking out a huge chunk of my level, much more than i could get away with, when i tried converting it to another size it not only changed the over all size but it turned the overall number into some crazy digit, that killed my light build. Can anyone help me? Is there anyway to change the component sizes to a small enough size without changing the over all size? If not can anyone recommend some good workarounds?

I have already tried changing both 1 and 4 Sections per component, although it still keeps the size at 1009 the components are still too big.

9sohT9T.jpg

Replies

• wes.sau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What you want is to use the Visibility brush, it's the button that has the eye icon, in the "region tools" group. You paint with it like painting any layer and it "removes" the landscape polygons. Hold shift while painting to unhide the hidden polygons. The physics heightmap will update too, allowing players/objects to pass through it.

Note I've read some cases/udk versions where the heightmap physics not being accurate to the hole, but it seems fine in the latest build in my testing.