Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First attempt at something stylised. C&C wanted.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JustinK polycounter lvl 9
this is what i came out with.
pM3zRuo.jpg
[SKETCHFAB]WWqDidxOiFAl6QB70Is3rcZVEf[/SKETCHFAB]

C&C welcome! :)

Replies

• Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Hey man, this guy is pretty cool. I like it a lot.

Feedback wise, I'd say that I'd like to see the tongue be separate from the mouth and actually be rigged, as it is such a large surface.

Also i think the other thing that i am noticing is some inconsistency. The back texture has these tiny little panels without the gradients, but around it it's soft and more detailed. I would say try and be more consistent with it all :).
  • JustinK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustinK polycounter lvl 9
    @Muzz Thanks man, your feedback is great! yeah the back scales were something i had a lot of trouble with, i still need to practice hand painted textures a lot.

thanks again :)
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Looks cool man, I like the color choices! The eyes are the most off putting thing to me. Its not noticeable in your images but when you rotate the model in sketfab you see that the eye is turned way out of the eye socket. I guess the weird part really is that you see all that red of the eye. Probably the best solution is to add another loop to the eye and pull back some of the eye geo so its more round there from the side.

Here is a reference for you although not very stylized: T-rex-vs-T800-terminator-14653436-1200-914.jpg
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The teeth seem a bit conical; try narrowing them and re-arranging the vertices to give a sickle-shaped profile.
    teeth-chas-on1.jpg?w=500
    On the eyes, keep in mind that the iris for most creatures cover much more of the eye than those of humans. Take a look at a modern descendant:
    4349242761_303fcaa515_z.jpg?zz=1
  • loki1991
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this is wikid impressive! maybe add a normal map to it just to make it look less like a flat texture?
  • RAWTalent
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reminds me quite a bit of Gon 230px-Gonagain.jpg