Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old New York (Mafia2) Brick Building - Game Ready

Game Read Brick Building with hand painted texture
Hi great artists,

this is my first hand painted texture. I use this technique on restaurant part and windows and doors.

This should be Brick building with italian restaurant at the bottom. Inpiration: Mafia 2, (old New York)

Please , post some feedbacks. I would like to get better, not possible without feedbacks.

Replies

• 3dcaspar
    Offline / Send Message
    3dcaspar polycounter lvl 10
    Hi there,

nice start so far, here are some crits I would give to you:

- It seems there a proper Ambient Occlusion map is missing right now (no real shadows and so on), you should definitely bake one out ;)

- Overall I think the brick texture and the windows / glass is too noisy, turn it down and clean it up a bit

- Add some dirt (wear and tear) and destruction (small details)

- And maybe some variation in the brick texture

- The handles of the door are way too bright and I personally cannot make out what material they are made of (due to the lack of material definition)

- Last thing I would redo are the windows, they look very dark to me

Overall nice start, keep going!
  • NomadSoul2501
    Offline / Send Message
    NomadSoul2501 polycounter lvl 10
    :thumbup:Good start

Try to implement everything that 3dcaspar pointed out.
    It will help tons.

When you say game ready, what engine and console/hardware generation did you have in mind? Also what type of game?
    Depending on your answer the feedback you get can be wildly different.
    If you where targeting mobile platforms and a sims/x-com type of viewpoint you're on the right track. For a gta, uncharted, watch dogs type of game 1st/3rd person cam, you'd need to up your detail significantly.
  • jaaamesss
    First Thank you for your comments.

Second: It should be for 3rd person cam action game. What kind of details you though?
    More physical geometry or more detail texture maps?

I will implement everythink you mentioned above as soon as possible.
    Thanks guys.
  • jaaamesss
    By the way, i forgot to put textures on door handles :-) And it contains only Diffuse maps for now.