Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Odin Sculpt

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
iheartmyself polycounter lvl 5
Been lurking a good while, though it best to get a real thread up and running. I've been chipping away at sculpt of Odin [norse universe, not marvel]
I have no concept art - so i'm just sculpting then painting clothing/armour over it as I go along.

C&C appreciated

Cheers

02.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Those are really special porpotions. I dont know a lot about anatomy, but he has a a hole between his tighs (if thats the correct english, dunno) and that is else only seen on very fit woman if Im not mistaken. He has insane mass on the torso and stomach but the legs look like from a person with 20 KG less.

Really like the face, looks like you will tackle this very well
  • iheartmyself
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • iheartmyself
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started making Gungnir, his spear. Trying to keep it as realistic as possible, with a bit of ornamental mixed.

r0IYPNP.jpg

sZ8ZJEl.jpg

Cheers
  • Mani_Skaldulfn
    Hail! This is a really nice rendition of the Allfather. Gungnir is coming along nicely too.
  • avagoyamug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    avagoyamug polycounter lvl 12
    Sweet man - got me with this topic! The Body is great, you really got the fat and skin right! ;)
    The only two things that look a tiny bit off to me are the chest (a bit to square or flat, I'm not shure) and the knees look a bit squashed verticaly.
    Gungnir is coming allong great! I'm jeallous!

Right on!
  • Der Hollander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking boss! Any chance you could go into detail about how you made the wings for his helmet? I find that doing sculpted feathers are the bane of my existence.
  • iheartmyself
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Der Hollander - I actually recorded my process..its about 2gb of video at the minute, but when I get chance i'll edit it down.

It's all hand sculpted, luckily as they are supposed to be metal you can get away with the rough look to them, as long as you have have deep engraves the design works.
    I'm trying to mirror the sculpt of the metal with how it would have been made back then; molds, engraving etc, and attempting to get the same kind of finish.

avagoyamug- Cheers dude, appreciated. Hard to get out of the mindset that the body is hardly gonna be seen, but its good practice to try to nail it.