Home Unity

Need help with Triplanar Terrain Shader

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Snafubar7 polycounter lvl 8
I'm trying to create some stylized terrain in unity and needed my textures to not stretch on vertical terrain, so I found this shader http://www.farfarer.com/temp/triPlanarTexture.unitypackage. However, even though I strip the package of all the textures it comes with, it uses one of its spec maps anyway, on the second texture channel.
MqbgTNv.jpg
j79OxpT.jpg
I think it's only affecting the second slot in my texture palette. I switched the grass and the rock texture and the random spec applied to the rocks while it was in the grass's current spot here.

I've tried deleting all the textures this shader came with and that didn't help.

Replies

• Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wrote that, are you using the script that comes with it?

That has all of the settings for the extra maps and feeds them into the shader system as global variables.

So you'll need to ditch that script and remove all the extra spec/normal calculations from the shader because that makes it really expensive.

You'll probably need to restart Unity, too.
  • Snafubar7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hah, awesome, I couldn't ask for a better response. I'll try that, thanks for the heads up!
  • Snafubar7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I went into the shader and deleted all the lines mentioning normal maps and spec maps and now it doesn't work at all. I know nothing about code, which lines should I get rid of?