Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wagner de Souza

wagner.sz
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
wagner.sz polycounter lvl 9
Hi, this is my first post here.

I used 3ds max to modeling using the hard surfacing techniques, low poly model, mapping and baking normals. For the texture i used the plugin for Photoshop called dDO, that create textures base on maps previously baked in a 3d software. In this case i just used the normal map.

High poly: ~ 180k tris
Low poly: 1909 tris
Textures: 4 maps 2048x2048 (Diffuse,Specular,Gloss,Normal)

I hope you like!

09e873ffc3019408e8fee3bd1a694c3e.png

cb7b83962235c009c2bfe2f7ec78988c.png

9a60cddcbe59feaa84f406f2a53eee7a.png

6d73ad9333162bfa89a9205a24c8f5dd.png

Replies

• DWalker
    Are you working from a specific design? The front sight seems much too large.
  • wagner.sz
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi DWalker, my reference was a magnum.
  • Fusobotic
    Offline / Send Message
    Fusobotic polycounter lvl 6
    Welcome to the forums, looks alright so far, but here's a few things you need to change, unless of course you're going for some kind of stylized look or your own spin on it.

Just let me know if you can't read my handwriting... (and sorry if the reference is different, show us what you're using and we can help out a bit better)

Mt1SEC6.jpg

Just keep working at it, and don't neglect the small details, they're what adds the realism! Please upload some higher resolution shots if you can, that way we can see how much work you put into it! :)
  • wagner.sz
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Fusobotic, this is my reference
    357gun.jpg

I did this model some years ago, and now i decide do the low poly version, and of course, I know it is not perfect, but as training already served. :)

Here is the high resolution
    screen04.png

Thanks Fusobotic for comments, they are all valid!!