Home Artists Looking For Work

Looking for freelance concept artists and 3D artists

Hello,

I am looking for a concept artist that is capable of providing concepts for futuristic vehicles\weapons\props\environments of all kinds. The game will be a top down 3D shoot em up with some special game play mechanics.

I need a concept artist capable of producing concept drawings that can then be used by 3D artists to base their models from. I will provide samples of concepts I like that you can also base your concepts from. However, you are free to take those designs in any direction you wish. I would prefer concept artists that have some experience providing concept drawings to 3D modelers or that have worked with 3D modelers in the past.

=========================================================

Now for the second part of this request. Although, we are looking for concept artists, we are always on the hunt for talented artists. So if you have skills in modeling futuristic 3D vehicles, buildings, props, weapons, characters and landscapes we would love to hear from you! The ideal situation would be a team that works together in an office or is nearby and able to easily communicate with each other.

=========================================================

ALL positions are PAID positions. Please send portfolio links to:

artjobz@gmail.com

Thank you and best of luck with your searches and artwork!

Replies

• ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    Sounds great, these are all remote positions? Any hint at what the project is?
  • bobmartien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bobmartien polycounter lvl 11
    The project sounds cool, but can we get more informations about it ?
  • artjobz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure the project will be a top down shooter much like Under Defeat and\or Renegade Ops but with a physics component using a next generation engine with all the graphical bells and whistles. The game will of course be in 3D, but a next gen version of old school shmups with a physics component.

I require the modelers to work in Maya or at the very least be able to import their creations into Maya as I have written a custom plugin that works in Maya. Level assets are placed and lit using a custom editor that is written by me. The editor uses common commands and workflows so if you have used any type of level editor before you should be able to pick this one up fairly easily.