Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Crooked Crow Environment WIP

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Phing polycounter lvl 5
This is a WIP on an environmental piece. About 6k tris total on a couple diffuse maps (2k for the house 1k for the hill). Anything that should be added?

7gnFeOe.jpg
I4jIoHE.jpg
[SKETCHFAB]6rLgMymrUJHXJJTdF8BkRRYZkbw[/SKETCHFAB]

Replies

• SharpDressedSkull
    Please..Can you tell what tools did you use to do this fantastic work ^^
  • silkroadgame
    Very nice building!What kind of game is it for?
  • I Like Feet
    Some more foliage would be nice. Some rocks as well. and maybe assets like barrels on the side of the house or something.
  • Phing
    Offline / Send Message
    Phing polycounter lvl 5
    thanks, this is a personal project. not my first bout with modeling, but it is a first for hand painted game res textured model.

and i agree more foliage and props would look good.
  • Phing
    Offline / Send Message
    Phing polycounter lvl 5
    Thank you! I'll tell you but i'll also upload images of progress shots soon. From square one i sketched it out. not being an architect i went into sketchup and blocked it out. then i took my sketch and colored in where i would be able to stack uv's or make unique ones. from there i started modeling in Modo. trying to be as efficient as possible but at the same time no make the whole thing look mirrored i built it up laying out UV's as i went. then i took it into 3D coat. now 3D coat has some cool things in it. but i used it primarily as a 3d viewer as it live updates from photoshop. after making a few tiling textures like wood shingles and rock it slowly formed took about 4 weeks total. im not sure if this is the fastest of most efficient way of doing things but its how i did it. hope that gives some insight to how i did things.