Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Summer Projects WIP , Crits/ Suggestions more than welcome !

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
TheoM polycounter lvl 4
Hey Lovely Poly Counters, just thought I'd Throw some WIP renders of a couple summer projects I'm doing. One is a 40's/50's style detective office and the other is an homage to the compound bow in Far Cry 3.

Any Crits and suggustions would be much appreciated , Thanks!

Layout_4.jpg

Layout_2.jpg[IMG][/img]screenshot0.jpg

screenshot1+copy.jpg

screenshot2+copy.jpg

screenshot4+copy.jpg
screenshot5+copy.jpg
screenshot7+copy.jpg
screenshot8+copy.jpg

screenshot11+copy.jpg

screenshot12+copy.jpg

screenshot13+copy.jpg

screenshot6+copy.jpg

screenshot9+copy.jpg

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Replies

• DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The overall impression I have is one of cleanliness. Partially this is from the lack of grime or weathering on the materials; I'd expect to see coffee rings on the desk & blotter, the occasional cigarette burn, and wear marks on the chair and floor. The clutter also seems artificially placed, with neither casual chaos nor logical placement you'd expect. The rolodex, for example, would probably be near the phone, and the ashtray should be in a convenient place by the smoker's dominant hand when he's sitting.

The ledger book looks very flat. The pages should curve over the entire width, and the edges should slope gradually away from the top sheet.
    ledger.JPG
    The materials overall seem rather uniform, with little to separate wood, plastic (bakelite, actually) and paper from metal.
  • TheoM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheoM polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the reply, your pretty much bang on I'd say , I maybe should have gone into more detail in the original post . These renders are in Marmo with a generic spec and gloss , I've only just started the diffuse texturing( most if which are just base colours) . So your definitely right in saying its too clean and there's not a whole lot of materail differences.

I'm planning on making a texture sheet with different kinds of paper and files etc , so I can clutter the area up , so Ill definetly try make some single ledger papers too give it more natural curve.

Great notes on placement as well !
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    gun on the holster would be too weighty to overlay on the chair like that unless it somehow hooked over one of the arms, might do better to be laid out on the desk.