Home Artists Looking For Work

LF Additional Texture Artist for our game Robyrt

Our Project (Robyrt):
Early concept art can be viewed at http://vespyrgames.com/robyrt-skyline-concept-art/, or at http://i.imgur.com/w6rIDTn.jpg. Further details will be released in the upcoming months!

Development Status - In Production.

What we need:
  • Texture Artist - Looking for an addition texture artist for Robyrt, to speed up building in game assets matching the style set for the game. Robyrt is being built within Unitiy3D.
  • If a position isn't listed, please still send your resume our way as there may be additional opportunities (HR@vespyrgames.com). Will be checking comments and PMs.

Payment
This is paid work, rates are negotiable. Please email or PM your portfolio/experience and we can discuss the needs for Robyrt further for assets needed, time frame, and pay.

Our Team
The majority of our team members have AAA project experience (or at least prior game development experience) working for companies such as Obsidian Entertainment, Threewave, Sony Online Entertainment (Planetside 2) and Piranha Games. Our core sound composer was nominated for a BAFTA for his work on Thomas Was Alone for Mike Bithell.

Vespyr Games:
Vespyr Games was founded in January of 2013 with the mission of creating unique, innovative, and above all else, fun video games. Our company is based in Florida, and our core focus is developing affordable video game titles on PC/XBLA, although we also intend to pursue the mobile market (iOS and Android). The company was founded by veterans of the video game industry with experience developing for PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and the mobile market of Android and iPhone/iPad. While we will primarily be developing and publishing our own titles, we are open to external publishing opportunities.

Our goal is to make high quality games for audiences of all ages. Down the road, we will also be interested in collaborating with other developers on projects, and publishing third party titles.

Myself (Michael):
I've worked on four video game titles. The first release was for PC with a small game developer, and second was with Obsidian Entertainment on Alpha Protocol (PS3, Xbox 360, PC). I also worked on two iPhone games. The last 2 years I have been a Lead Coach at Microsoft for the Xbox 360. I have a Bachelors in GSP (Game and Simulation Programming) from DeVry University, and I also spent two years studying Entrepreneurship.

Production is my love. Most people are surprised to hear this, because few take the position on by choice. But the truth is, I love the supervisory side of things: scheduling, handling documents, relaying communications, and most importantly, making sure the team has access all the tools they need to succeed. I also enjoy working with the Microsoft suite (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.) and anything technology or game related, so the job is a pretty good fit.

You can read more about my work on my LinkedIn Profile - http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/michaeldehen

Links
Website - www.vespyrgames.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/VespyrGames
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VespyrGames
Company LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/vespyr-games

Replies

• regalrayn
  • VespyrGames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    regalrayn wrote: »
    pm sent :)

Got it, thank you. Will reply shortly!
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Very interesting. The project looks very cool. I'd love to be a part of it. As soon as I have a minute to spare ill make sure to send you a pm. Just curious, What part of FL is vespyr based out of?
  • VespyrGames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest wrote: »
    Very interesting. The project looks very cool. I'd love to be a part of it. As soon as I have some more time ill make sure to send you a pm. What part of Fl are you based out of?

Jacksonville, FL. It's a mobile team so we all work virtual on Robyrt and future projects. Until a later date we may or may not come together. There are plans for both (staying mobile or moving into an office) and a line up of games we want to make after Robyrt, a few being prototyped on the side already. In person is the best option, but we've been working out mobile and refining the communication process so it's clear and everyone stays on the same page which works out great. We have daily meetings with the core group, calls on Skype, and weekly emails I send to the team with progress updates and what to do next.
  • ironbelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Michael, how have you been enjoying being indie for 4 or 5 months now? Always an inspiration seeing folks breaking away from the pack to grab their dreams by the horns and take them as far as they can go.

I would love to have Ironbelly be a part of this journey with you guys and will do whatever we can to make sure we can work within your quality and budgetary constraints as it would be a pleasure to work with a team of your experience and carve out your guys dream together. Email away!
  • VespyrGames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbelly wrote: »
    Hey Michael, how have you been enjoying being indie for 4 or 5 months now? Always an inspiration seeing folks breaking away from the pack to grab their dreams by the horns and take them as far as they can go.

I would love to have Ironbelly be a part of this journey with you guys and will do whatever we can to make sure we can work within your quality and budgetary constraints as it would be a pleasure to work with a team of your experience and carve out your guys dream together. Email away!

Got your email and will reply in a moment, and so far things have been going great. We've been very fortunate growing the team that most have AAA experience (or larger game experience in general). We're not going to turn someone down who doesn't have any, goes against what we set out to do but it helps having a good balance and mix of experience and new blood.

I have tried the indie scene before back when I was in college and knew nothing about the industry or making games (8 years ago), so it was a great learning experience being on smaller project while in school before the AAA scene at Obsidian Entertainment. Get to see both sides and common mistakes that are made. Can't avoid all msitakes, but there are the obvious ones we can avoid like making Robyrt a MMO and going too big. At times, Robyrt feels too big for our first game together but so far so good as we work towards our Milestones.
  • levigilbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just sent you a PM, cheers!

-Levi
  • VespyrGames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just sent you a PM, cheers!

-Levi

Got it, thank you and sent a reply.