Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - Bazil the Logger

I doubt I can catch up but I'm posting anyways.

Backstory draft:
A lumberjack travels through the woods one early morning and finds an unconscious young boy under a Kapok tree with wounded legs. The boy was taken into the lumberjack's home and was given treatment. As the boy awoke a day after, he has no memory of his past and of his name. The lumberjack then decides to adopt him and gave him the name Bazil. The lumberjack trained Bazil every skill he knew, such as carpentry, hunting, etc.

After 8 years, the lumberjack grows terminally ill and gives Bazil a necklace, a tomahawk axe, and a feather. These items were with by Bazil the day he was rescued by the lumberjack. Bazil forgives the lumberjack for hiding his possessions from him for 8 years. Bazil leaves and ventures to find answers, starting with the a manuscript which contains symbols similar to his necklace.

Concept Art/Mood Board (design not final):

LTjBZUi.jpg

ROUGH SCULPTS:

WRMwyTM.jpg

TQFnJKt.jpg

7qqS7Ix.jpg

Still rough. highly doubt I can finish in time. still have a lot to fix and sculpt. comments and critiques welcome! thanks!

Replies

• boy_kinilaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WIP2
    Some short lazy progress

oddVpCy.jpg

still don't like the pants
  • AA3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AA3D polycounter lvl 3
    yondaime's hair :D
    also i love that belt head
    awesome concept
    good luck my friend
  • boy_kinilaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks! goodluck to you as well AA3D!

so here is my very small progress. I think this is the furthest I can make , thanks to laziness and procrastination. I will still finish this though, less rushed. Felt like I rushed this work too much, especially with the concept, haha. I'm still within the texturing stage, had problems with baking so I still need to clean up a lot of stuff. still have to do a lot of stuff, like the axe, axe holster, feathers, and more details.
    not even sure with the colors lol

UWJhOCz.jpg

IQM1aB9.jpg

hrFlpy0.jpg

testing it out on marmo. getting ahead of myself. kinda looks like dante lol

wS3QQE2.jpg