Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Saibell

Hello! I've started to study 3D a while ago, I'm quite noob-ish. I'm studing by myself and with the great help of some tutorials so far. I joined Polycount so I could improve, so yeah, all feedback and advice is really welcome. :)

Replies

• acapulco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acapulco polycounter lvl 9
    First feedback:
    Post stuff!

Welcome anyway =)
  • Saibell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello!

Yay!! I figured out how to post images...

I'm going to post some of the things I've done in 3D Studio Max to practice rendering and lighting also:

Well, here I was getting to know about materials and a bit of rendering.

jucr.jpg

In this one I've practiced using textures and Uv textures( I took some photos from google and then put them together in PS to fit in the UV texture). The water doesn't convice me and the coffee looks just fake.

sb0l.jpg

I really enjoyed modeling this one, it's a semi-futuristic bg with an Ink and Paint material. The skeleton is just to help me with the scale. I really want to figure out how can I make this work. I put some lights in the right side to simulate the sunlight coming from the windows, but the shapes of the shadows are weird. I hope someone can give some help here ^_^

8k3m.jpg

gd8o.jpg

Feedback is welcome!
    Thank you a lot!
  • Saibell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi acapulco! thanks for the feedback hehe^^
    I've already posted some stuff... just I'm not sure if I did it correctly...
  • Saibell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This was a lightstudy but I kept adding geometry and details. I wanted to use natural morning light from outside the window. The lights don't really work, do they? I don't really know why there's a light in the floor under bed. Any help with lighting is welcome, or link to a tutorial or suggestions.

4ne3.jpg

tnrc.jpg

17k8.jpg
  • Saibell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is my second attemp to rigg a character, I'm using 3DStudio Max, with a Biped and the Skin modifier. So far I'm having lots of troubles with the deformation in the shoulder when I animate the character. Here's how is looking for far:
    9tmz.jpg
  • Saibell