Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Witcher-inspired armor for Skyrim

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
ImsumDave polycounter lvl 11
Up to this point, I've stuck to creating weapons, almost exclusively. I like to make mods for Skyrim as motivator to see a 3D creation all the way through to the end. I've never been able to find a purpose in making 3D art purely for the sake of it existing. And I don't need a portfolio because this is just a hobby and not a job for me. So, now that the background info is out of the way, this is my first experience making armor or clothing for a game character. I will be using my own concept as a reference. If you see me doing anything absolutely wrong, tell me; with the model, not the concept: the concept art is probably my third attempt at digital painting. I've only just started and so far I've been using the large/muscular body from Skyrim as the base to wrap my armor around.

Reference -- concept by me
witcher_inspired_armor_concept_by_ltd4ve-d68u9rx.png

WIP shots coming soon.

Replies

• sargentcrunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sargentcrunch polycounter lvl 10
  • ImsumDave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @sargentcrunch I do plan on creating leggings and boots. I will just make it up as I go when I get to that part. I might not include a skinny variation (one mesh cloned to _0 and _1). If it looks odd shunk down, I won't. Otherwise, I will. I don't think many people play very skinny male characters anyway.

WIP01 - 3ds max viewport grab
    oieq.png

I'm trying to get the general layout done before going into details. I want realistic wrinkles in the leather of the torso, arms, and legs, that will be a challenge. I may model 'em or sculpt 'em in mudbox or sculptris.
  • ImsumDave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small changes here. I hope to get a bit more done when I get a larger amount of free time. Still missing arms and a legs, then on to the details.

WIP02
    noname_armor___wip01_by_ltd4ve-d6aru3v.png