Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2D Portfolio Review & Direction

After receiving some great advice from the guys about going overseas, I've started sending out applications to ESL positions and the oil companies. I think it's time I get some feedback on my current work, so that I have a solid and concrete direction of what to do and where to go while I day job it, pushing for professional skill.

So I would love any critiques and advice! Pick me apart, and help me get my head on straight. I also have some questions that have been tumbling around in my head for a bit now...

- Is putting sketches in a portfolio for someone trying to make their way in good/bad? I've heard so many sides, "Yes, because there are ways to cheat a finish" or "No, because you should only show work you spent the most time on".

- I was told to pick up a skill to make in-game assets, either 3D or 2D pixel/vector. I chose 2D since I felt it my current ability would translate easier, and been working on my animation skills. But is it worth it for someone with no experience in 3D to pick it up now? Or is time better spent 100% focusing on 2D & concepting?

I guess I'll leave it at those two for now, I have way too many!