Home Unity

Diffuse Map Issue

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Josh Mount polycounter lvl 6
Is there a way to combine all these maps so that when I import to Uni they apply correctly? I made the diffuse maps in parts and when I export (.obj) and then open the file in Maya, all the maps are applied correctly but not in Uni. How can I fix this? Do I have to make one map for the whole?texturehelp_zps02400823.jpg~original

Replies

• rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    are you talking about unity? You have to apply a material to your model. This material needs to hold all textures you use. You can try to find a way to apply several textures to your model (special shader for example) but the most common way is to put everything on one texture or break the model into parts where every part is using only one texture
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're best using FBX as a format, not OBJ. OBJ doesn't store any material information, that's stored in a separate MTL file that I don't think Unity imports.

Import your textured into Unity first and then import your model and it should pick up and apply most of the textures correctly.
  • Josh Mount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Farfarer wrote: »
    You're best using FBX as a format, not OBJ. OBJ doesn't store any material information, that's stored in a separate MTL file that I don't think Unity imports.

Import your textured into Unity first and then import your model and it should pick up and apply most of the textures correctly.

Thanks Farfarer!
  • Josh Mount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its in there! Thanks so much guys!unit_in_der_zps3d835f27.jpg